top of page
  • I would like to study in Australia, what can I do?"
    Firstly, do your research about the country and decide what city you’d like to live in. Secondly, contact us to find the school that better suits your needs. Then we will provide you with a quote so you can organise yourself financially. Keep in mind you need to cover the costs that of school fees, accommodation, visa fees, flight tickets and financial support.
  • Do I need to pay anything to have the support of Welcome Students Group?
    Not at all. We don’t charge anything to our students during the process of enrolment, visa application or support upon arrival. Our income comes from the agreements we have with the institutions.
  • How can I enrol to a course or institution in Australia?
    For English or Vocational courses: the process starts by sending application documents (passport, academic certificates, application form), then you’ll receive an Offer Letter. It can vary depending on the institution, you may be asked to provide more documents. Once you get an offer from the school you’ll need to pay an enrolment fee to receive a confirmation of enrolment (CoE).
  • How do I apply for a Student Visa in Australia?
    To apply for a student visa, you need to first obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment at an Australian institution. Then you’ll need to gather all the necessary documents: passport, national ID, academic certificates from school and university, evidence of relationship (couple applications), genuine temporary entrant letter (GTE), evidence of financial support and documents that support your return to your home country. After submitting the visa application, the approval of Australia Student Visa can take up to 3 months if you are requested to submit additional documents or provide medical exams.
  • What is a Genuine Temporary Entrant?
    A student visa must prove that you are are coming to Australia temporarily to study and obtain a qualification. The GTE is the letter where you can explain with detail why you’d like to study in the country. This letter highlights your reason for coming and justifies all your supporting documentation. You need to show you have a significant incentive to return home.
  • What does it cost to study English in Australia?
    The costs can vary according to the course and institution. The tuition fees are updated annually. We usually recommend students to come to Australia for a period of 24 weeks of General English (6 months) to achieve the basic language skills.
  • Can I stay longer if my visa expires?
    Staying in Australia without a valid visa, could bring some serious consequences, including immigration detention and removal from the country. However, there are a few different options that can allow you to extend your visa if you wished to stay longer.
  • Can I work in Australia with a Student Visa?
    The primary holders of a student visa are legally permitted to work up to 20 hours per week while their course is in session. During the holidays you are allowed to work full time. For dependents it varies depending on the studies of the primary holder.
  • My visa is about to expire, and I want to extend, what do I do?"
    We can help with that. If you are in Brisbane come to our office to have a chat with our counsellors to help you find the best pathway for you to continue your academic studies.
  • What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?
    Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Occupational English Test (OET) Pearson Test of English (PTE).
  • Are there any conditions on Student Visas?
    Yes, you need to remain enrolled in a registered course; maintain satisfactory attendance; notify your school if you change address and work up to 20 hours per week while your course is in session.
bottom of page